In this animated film set in 1879 Paris, an orphan girl dreams of becoming a ballerina and flees her rural Brittany for Paris, where she passes for someone else and accedes to the position of pupil at the Grand Opera house. Voices of the film include pop star Carley Rae Jepsen and Maddie Ziegler.
A Monster Calls
A Monster Calls is a visually spectacular drama about a young boy who attempts to deal with his mother”s illness and the bullying of his classmates by escaping into a fantastical world of monsters and fairy tales that deal with courage, loss and faith.
The Sea of Trees
In this powerful story of love and redemption, an American professor travels to Japan in the midst of a personal crisis. As he wanders through a mysterious forest with a dark past, he experiences flashbacks of his fraught but loving relationship with his wife, and meets an enigmatic stranger, Takumi, who is lost and injured. Arthur devotes himself to saving Takumi and returning him home to safety, and the two embark on a spiritual, life-changing journey of friendship, discovery, and healing.
When a successful New York advertising executive suffers a great tragedy he retreats from life. While his concerned friends try desperately to reconnect with him, he seeks answers from the universe by writing letters to Love, Time and Death. But it’s not until his notes bring unexpected personal responses that he begins to understand how these constants interlock in a life fully lived, and how even the deepest loss can reveal moments of meaning and beauty.
Hoener met die Rooi Skoene
Kaptein Henrik Greyling, of ‘Yster-haan’ soos sy kollegas hom noem, is altyd in beheer. Maar iewers kry hy dit reg om in koue water te val en kry gevolglik ‘n erge dosis van die griep. In sy koorsige toestand word hy aangestel as the ondersoekbeampte van ‘n baie buitengewone moordsaak waar die lyk spoorloos verdwyn. Spoedig bevind hy himself te midde van die chaos en verwarring van meer as een moordsaak… ‘n situasie met soveel kinkels en kabels dat dit op die grootste uitdaging vir hom persoonlik en van sy loopbaan uitloop.
Watch and save
Edgars Club members pay from as little as R36 a ticket to watch movies at Ster-Kinekor. Want to see any of the latest releases? All you need to do is pick up your tickets online now and enjoy the show!
Ster Kinekor has increased the prices of its tickets, but don’t fret, as an Edgars Club member you still benefit from fantastic offers!
* Remember that prices vary from cinema to cinema – click here for the full price list.
* 3D glasses must be bought separately at a cost of R11.00 each for standard 3D glasses or R15.00 for IMAX 3D glasses.
How to book a movie:
Bookings can be made by:
– Calling the Ster-Kinekor Ticket-line on 082 16789. View on-line booking fees below.
SK CLUB BOOKING FEES
Visiting www.sterkinekor.com,www.sterkinekor.mobi or using our App on your smartphone / Tablet (click here to see which handsets are supported) for bookings by credit card and full movie details and terms and conditions; or
Book at a Self service terminal (SST) or box office at any Ster-Kinekor theatre directly. The transaction fee charged for the use of credit cards is between the client and their banking provider and cannot be supplied upfront by Ster-Kinekor.
- The Edgars Club Ster-Kinekor Movie benefit is valid in South Africa and Namibia only and is applicable at any Ster-Kinekor Cinema, including Cinema Nouveau theatres.
- The benefit can only be redeemed by Edgars Club members if their Edgars Club membership is active and up to date as per his credit agreement with Edcon. An Edgars Club member can only obtain details of his membership status directly from Edcon/Edgars via their call centres or in any Edgars store. Ster-Kinekor does not have access to any Edgars Club membership information and can therefore not be held responsible for the failure of any Edgars Club membership validations at the Ster-Kinekor sites resulting in the member not being able to process a transaction at Ster-Kinekor.
- Edgars Club members must ensure their Edgars Club card has been activated - if it is not please contact 0800 20 39 25 to activate.
- To activate the benefit, Edgars Club members can do so by going to any Ster-Kinekor theatre and present their Edgars Club card as well as their Edgars Account Card.
- Edgars Club members will be required to pay a once-off activation fee of R30.
- The Edgars Club movie benefit will take 48 hours to activate.
- Edgars Club members who have activated their Ster-Kinekor benefit will get up to 60% off a maximum of 2 movies per member per day. Movie prices will differ depending on each theatre and also type of move such as 3D and Opera. See Ster-Kinekor.com for price details or contact the ticket line on 082 16789 (Standard rates apply) for detailed information or ask your Ster-Kinekor box office for details.
- The Edgars Club Ster-Kinekor Movie Benefit card that is issued is a non-transferable card and is not a credit card.